Google Groups KillFile Updated

Google switched to the beta groups format so you’ll need to update your Google KillFile script, download the latest and greatest here

If you don’t already have the script installed click here for full install instructions

Tags:

9 Responses to “Google Groups KillFile Updated”

1. nexibello says:

Hi Damian
    Thank you for your quick reaction! I downloaded your update but it still doesn’t work here, stop/restart the monkey didn’t help, restart of Firefox and log-out/log-in didn’t help. Is there another trick :)
    Greetings from snowy Switzerland,
    nexibello

2. John says:

A great tool. Is it possible to block an entire thread started by someone in your kill file and not just their post.

3. Damian says:

It should be doing that by default John, sure you are using the latest version?

4. John says:

Yes, I believe that I am.

The thread still shows minus the first post (which is by the person on my kill list).

5. John says:

Damian,

It looks to me like if the most recent post is by someone on the kill list, the thread is blocked.

What I was asking about is the possibility of blocking the entire thread if it’s started by someone on the kill list. It will do that now but only until someone else posts to that thread.

6. Andrew says:

I was having problems with lots of posts being hidden in otherwise sensible threads wehn I noticed that one of the entries in my kill list was “d”. Just “d”, nothing more. I removed it and they all came back, and all the posters had “d” in their names.

Does the script do partial matching rather than full matching of names?

7. Damian says:

Hi Andrew, yeah it does a startswith match (I forget why) I’ll see if I can change this though.

8. William says:

Hi guys,

Mine works perfectly fine, but only during the browsing session. If I close the browser and open again the killfile empties out and I have to do it over again.

9. km says:

Starts-with issue is still a problem. Any chance of changing it? Entire threads are suppressed if someone in the killfile responds.